Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Home sweet Home

I'm sitting in a plane on my way home. I have not been home for quite a while and frankly I have missed my couch.

Lots has happened since I left for Vegas on June 11. The biggest news is my best friend is getting married! I'm so happy for him, he has a wonderful woman and I truly believe he is doing the best and most important thing in probably his entire life, so I am very very happy for him. He has also asked me to be his best man which of course is a wonderful treat. So I am happy to fly to good old Germany for a big party.

Vegas was very good, probably my most successful trip so far. I went there with a somewhat smaller roll than I had hoped for and therefore decided not to by into any World Series of Poker tournaments but to earn myself the buy ins. My eyes was on the $1000 tournament, which would run over the weekend starting Saturday and Sunday. So after arriving Friday late night I went to Aria the newest poker room in town and got very lucky a few times. I played for about 2 hours and after counting my stack I noticed I was up 1015, so I decided to cash out and went to the Rio to buy into the 1k. My luck continued the next day when I played the tournament and I managed to survive the field. 15% of the players that started that day survived, and I managed to stay alive on the second day to make it into the money.

Making it into the money in a WSOP event is kinda a big deal and very cool, however I was quite sad when I busted in 237th position. The first price of this tournament was 1/2 million and I was probably never that close in my life to this kind of money. And frankly busting out of a tournament is never that much fun. Nevertheless the cash put me up over 2k for the trip and I managed to win a few more buy ins during the rest of the stay.

Aside from a financial perspective, which is always important the trip to Vegas was also a lot of fun. I got to see Ramy and spend some time with Tim. Ramy has good friends in Vegas which we also got to meet and hang out with and of course Jodi came over towards the end of the trip. We went to see KA and one night I finally got to see XS. I have to say XS is the first club that impressed in the US. It had good music and a wonderful outside area. Ramies buddies know people in front of it so we got to skip the lines and save the entry fees.

Last weekend Jodi and I went to a wedding of a good friend of her. It was a very nice wedding and the first Jewish wedding I had ever seen.

Well plane is landing and I have to go. Can't wait for my home sweet home.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Up in the air :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment